Our thirty-fourth episode features Tzufit and Apple Cider speaking with Tigercrane and doing an in-depth look at the World of Warcraft expansion Cataclysm. This is the first episode in a two-part series where we break down some of the storytelling issues with the expansion, problematic content as well as some of the positives inside of the questing and overall game.
- The Purple Parlor forum: http://thepurpleparlor.freeforums.net/
- Tree Heals Go Woosh: ”Did Deathwing Win?“
Our thirty-fourth episode features Tzufit and Apple Cider speaking with Anafielle (FinalBossTV, Sacred Duty) and Tickle (Totemspot) about their experiences as streamers and doing videocasts on Twitch TV and other hosting sites. We get into the nitty gritty technical issues behind streaming as well some of the perks and problems with being a woman streamer/caster.
- Anafielle’s stream: ~Anafielle
- Tickle’s stream: ~Tickletotem
- Tickle’s Playground: “To Boob or Not to Boob“
- The Purple Parlor forums: http://thepurpleparlor.freeforums.net/
Our thirty-second episode features Tzufit and Apple Cider talking to returning guest Dee about how to create realistic and fun women characters in Warcraft roleplay and writing. We investigate common tropes when creating women characters and talk in-depth about role-playing.
Our thirty-first episode features Tzufit and Apple Cider talking to returning guest Folami about the Warcraft book, Dawn of the Aspects and dragons in lore. We take a close look at how dragons have been used over course of the universe’s history as well as the novel. Discussion about the Aspects losing their powers and also going sterile is examined.
- Tweet from @Loreology saying that dragons are sterile.
- Justice Points: “Episode #16 – Brutality, Atrocity and Violence, Part 1“
- Justice Points: “Episode #9 – Bad Romance“
- Wowpedia: Kirygosa
Content warning: There is graphic discussion of sexual assault, torture, infertility and gendered violence in this episode. Specific mentions of this starts at 54:20, as well.
Our thirtieth episode features Tzufit and Apple Cider talking to guest Laura Kate Dale about how World of Warcraft helped her come out as trans. We look at her specific experience with gender and identity through Warcraft, what people can do to make the game a safe space for trans individuals and answer fanmail.
- Laura Kate Dale – “How World of Warcraft Helped Me Come Out as Transgender“
- WoW Insider – “Drama Mamas: To Come Out or Not Come Out” (ed. – We use this as a discussion piece, this is not an endorsement.)
Content warning: There is frank discussion about transphobia and transphobic slurs in this episode. If this sensitive topic for you, listen with care!
Our twenty-ninth episode features Tzufit and Apple Cider talking to guest Camille (also known as ~lornacrowleys on Tumblr). We have a rousing discussion on the problems with canon in World of Warcraft, being a young woman playing World of Warcraft from an early age, and why lore critique is so important.
- Justice Points – “Episode #6 – Vash’j, Stop Trying to Make Fetch Happen“
Our twenty-eighth features Tzufit and Apple Cider talking about some oddities about Wrath of the Lich King as it is related to women. We go over NPC race models, women in the overall Wrath narrative and some problems with the Titans.